Civic Hall Toronto events showcase examples of civic innovation, and provide opportunities for members to network, learn and work together. Some events are exclusive to members, while others are open to the public.
- This event has passed.
Training Series: Community Engagement - Getting Team Buy-in
April 21 @ 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm
Getting Team Buy-in for Community Engagement
Sometimes getting buy-in from your higher-ups to invest in resident engagement can be challenging. High-quality resident engagement doesn’t necessarily mean high cost, but it certainly requires buy-in from everyone on your team and a recognition that this investment of time and resources has long-term benefits. When resident engagement is done well, policies and programs are more equitable, better reflect the real needs in the community, and inspire community ownership and leadership on your most important work. In this 75-minute session, learn how to position design-informed resident engagement practices to your senior leadership, articulate its long-term value, and create the conditions for your entire team to get on board.
Who is this training for?
If you want to start planning for community engagement activities in your organization, but you wonder how to get buy-in from your team, this training is for you.
What to Expect
Led by Lisa Brody Hoffman, this 75-min session will help you:
- Learn how to position resident and community engagement to your leadership team as central to your policy and program work
- Articulate the long-term benefits of great resident engagement, especially from a digital-first perspective
- Understand how to develop an inspiring vision while addressing some barriers you may be up against
⚠️ Important Note:
- This training series is exclusively open to our paid members and C4C Fellows.
- Training sessions will take place on WebEx and registered attendees will receive the event link prior to the session.
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact email@example.com.